Future of Physical Therapy Focus of Daemen-Led Event
- 140 Views
- December 14, 2021
Daemen Forum, the university’s thought leadership-driven panel series, continues Thursday with a conversation about the ways physical therapy helps heal the body, takes a holistic approach to patient care, and how the profession promotes preventative healthcare.
From noon to 1:30 p.m. on Oct. 21, experts—including Daemen alums and professors in the field—will explore how using scientific-based treatments and a patient-focused approach to health and wellbeing can transform both patients and healthcare professionals.
“Through physical and mental struggle comes growth and the ability to improve our lives, relationships, and community,” said Steve Gonser ‘07, ‘09, a Daemen alum and physical therapist with Buffalo Rehab Group.
The panel—“The Healing Profession”—will include:
- Ryan Boggs, PT, DPT, DSc, ’13, ’15, assistant professor of physical therapy at Daemen
- Geoffrey Abraskin, PT, DPT, CWS, ’02, ’05, senior vice president of Amedisys
- Sarah Beth Pilch, PT, DPT, ’09, ’11, of Outpatient Physical Therapy at Thompson Health
- Fran McDonald, PT, DPT, OCS, ’82, president and CEO of McDonald Physical Therapy
- Viet Nguyen, PT, DPT, ’17, with Glover Physical Therapy and Pain Rehabilitation
Sponsored by graduate programs and the Department of Physical Therapy at Daemen University, viewers can join this virtual event on YouTube after registering here.
- Daemen Professor Personifies U.S. Constitution for TEDxBuffalo
- The Importance of Modern Languages in a Modern World
- VITA program at Daemen University gives students accounting experience
- Education or Experience – What Do Employers Want More?
- Exploring the Nursing Field: Seven Q’s with Daemen University’s Dr. Rose Bell