Job in education prospect – instructional design
Daemen College instructional designer discusses her unique—and fulfilling—career in education
Another career in education option
So, what is instructional design? This job in education gives instructors tools and guidance to teach students in ways that motivate and engage them, and help them retain knowledge easier. This yields higher outcomes in the classroom.
Opportunity leads to experience—and experience leads to opportunity
Stockman began her career as an elementary teacher in the Catholic Diocese. She also gained experience teaching high school in Mayville Central School District before she settled into her role as a middle school English language arts teacher in Amherst, New York. She spent ten years in this position. Then, after working as a coordinator of instructional resources at Erie 1 BOCES, Stockman taught at the graduate level—and founded the WNY Young Writers’ Studio in Buffalo.
Words of wisdom for future educators
- Branding for Artists — Advice to Thrive
- “Marketing Skills for Artists”—learn the essentials
- Social work – professor shares insights on the field
- Job in education prospect – instructional design
- Where it’s (AT): Athletic training student shares benefits of entering the field after winning prestigious scholarship